Assalamualaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,
Dear Parents and Guardians
Welcome back to a new year at the Friday Evening Girls School 2018-2019.
I hope that you had an amazing and rejuvenating summer. As we begin another school year, I am reminded of an African proverb; “it takes an entire village to raise a child” seems fitting when I consider the accomplishments achieved and those to come! Your commitment to your child’s education past and present are good examples of what is required of that village to achieve success. Therefore, one of the goals is to help build and support an even stronger village by relying on you the families who are our most important partners to ensure a quality education for every student!
As the Principal, I am thrilled to be a part of a school community where family members are visible and actively engaged, as well as an integral component of Friday Girls’ School. I am honored and privileged to lead a dynamic community where teachers and staff cultivate an environment where students achieve and believe in themselves and their school. As mentioned previously, your input, feedback, and support will be critical to my leadership, the teaching and learning environment and above all to the success of your child in our school. Together let’s honor our Deen!
My excitement comes from working with young people and their families. I have spent over 9 years being energized by my students, colleagues, and staff. I have been teaching for the past 8 years and been in Administration for four years, and I also led after-school and other community programs at our Pickering Islamic Centre. Friday Girls School is a kindred spirit and our school community has made me feel so at home. With that said, I am elated to announce that we have wonderful additions to our ‘village.’
We have added ‘Project Night’ as part of our yearly schedule which will help bring out the skills and talent each child holds within along with enhancing their knowledge of Islam. This night will be made special as we shall award the students for their hard work and skills. An annual school trip has been set in place in order to have some down time with our lovely students. An official website for the school in the pipeline to streamline and accelerate Parent – Teacher communication. The above programs will be explained in detail through email and letters form the school to keep Parents and Guardian updated with ongoing events and activities.
Let’s make sure as we expand, that we welcome and embrace our new students and families to Friday Girls School. Caring connections equals community!
With our school’s aim of having a greater emphasis on improving our knowledge of Deen-ul-Islam, Friday Girls School will continue to incorporate the core values of the school: Respectful Individuals, Responsible Leaders, and Reflective Achievers. Using these as our guiding principles, each child will be encouraged and supported in working to his/her full potential academically, socially, and emotionally.
In order to achieve these things, I have included several ways that family members of our school community can work together with Friday School staff:
- Send your child to school every day on time.
- Make sure your child gets eight hours sleep each night.
- Establish a routine for studying. Give your child a quiet corner to read and regular time to do homework.
- Keep in touch with your child’s teacher via e-mail, telephone, notes, or letters ( Ensure your child does her homework / assignments on time )
- Attend school-wide events, classroom events, and conferences
- Celebrate your child’s success (giving verbal praise), no matter how small it may seem.
- This will keep your child enthusiastic about learning and proud of their work.
- Above all make immense dua for their success in the Duniya and Akhirah and may they grow up to be responsible Muslim Canadian Citizens
Please know that I welcome your participation, support, and efforts as they are greatly valued and appreciated. We are in this together! Wishing you a wonderful upcoming year of success! I look forward to seeing you happy and early for our first day of school- Friday, September 07, 2018!
Sr. Fatema Mahjabeen
- Prepare our future leaders with the appropriate knowledge of Deen
- Emphasize to live a life according to Quran and Sunnah by applying the teaching in daily life
- Providing the best Islamic learning environment in Masjid with exceptional staff who connect the youth to Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala
- Customize and accommodate the needs of the students
- Terbiyah is the main focus of the curriculum
- September to June
- Classes starts from first Friday of September, unless notified.
- Graduation is in the end of School year dates are notified in School Agenda.
- Registration for existing students will take place on the Rehearsal Day- a week before Graduation Day.
- Registration for new Admissions takes place one week before school starts (Sunday and Wednesday)
- Program : 2 year in each class with different curriculum
- Ages: from 6 to 15
- Timing: Every Friday from 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm
- Arabic language class: Section 1, 2 & 3 for better understanding of Quran
- Tajweed: Makharij, Tajweed rules, memorizing Surahs, Duas and practical Salah with manners.
- Islamic Studies: Aqaid, Fiqh, Akhlaq wal Adaab, Seerah, Quranic studies, stories of prophets, Islamic calendar and 4 sacred Islamic months.
Parents, please note:
The Saturday School now consists of 2 Semesters
The school fee is $285.00 for the year (including books) or $125.00 per semester and $35.00 for books and application.
Parents must notify the principal in advance if your child(ren) will be unable to write the exam as to arrange a substitute date
*A late fee will apply in the case of a late payment for each semester
- Fees: $285.00 for the year or $125.00 per semester and $35.00 for books and application.